Wednesday, September 9, 2009

WAAAAAYYY behind on Blogging

Wow, time really flies when..... okay really time always flies by. I have not blogged in over a month but it has been CRAZY. (as always right).

MY kids, MY kids, MY kids. Yes they are at the Heart of that......crazy. I did have to give up 3wks with them. It was an awful 3 weeks for me and from the sounds of it not better for them. I couldn't stand to be home for a second. Seriously the second I walked in the door I felt like I had to leave or a heap of tears would flood the place. Thankfully, I was comforted by a wonderful friend and if it wasn't for him... well, things could have been distasterous.... OH, which brings me to the fact that my body decideds then to get SICK... like mono sick. Okay, it wasn't diagnosed to be Mono but lets just say my body still has not recovered and that was 6wks ago. I couldn't move. My legs hurt, my throat was just awful and I had fevers for a week. So much for being comforted and staying out of the house. But, at the first opportunity I was outside running and breathing fresh air... nothing like taking time to recover. I tried calling my kids everyday. BUT was only allowed to talk to them on Tuesdays and Thursdays. How crappy is that? Some parents..... Well, I will say no more. My kids said they knew I called and had many feelings on the matter.

I ended up making a trip down to get them (wasn't suppose to happen that way) and couldn't have been happier to see their little faces. WOOO WHOOO!!! I was SO happy. Still AM. I have unfortunately been dealing with a ton of mixed emotions and such but they are HOME! We spent the first week snuggling every chance we could.... who am I kidding they've been home 3wks now and I'm still snuggling them every chance I get.

I did the CRIM. The 10 miles. My goal was to run it with a pace of 8:50/mi and I did an 8:55/mi avg. I was very pleased with that especially since I didn't have a timing device. I got to start the race with the incredible TRI for LIFE team!!! http://www.donatelifetriathlon.com/ that was a great privilege and I met up with them after the race. It sounded like they had a great run (and then did the Chigago Tri the following weekend-What a bunch of POWER HOUSES). I myself, even though very pleased think I could have ran it a bit faster... I can say that now, hee hee!

The following week was SCHOOL shopping for the kiddies. Only the necessities (some of which still exist). I love getting them organized and ready but it can make for long days. My daughter and I spent over 6 hours getting her ORGANIZED and READY. That little Turkey. Her room was a Nightmare. Seriously- A scary nightmare. But, we've got it undercontrol now and we are on top of it everynight. Mom layed a few new rules down and they seem to be working.. for now at least.

I also took the kids to see Thomas the Train.!! Owie's big day every year. He loves it. We won tickets off the radio this year (which was a blessing). It started out rainy but turned out to be a wonderful day. The kids rode in the caboose and had the best seats on board. They loved it. I have pictures I'll have to share soon.

This past weekend my DAD got married. I still can't believe it. Well, I can but.... my dad!
It was very beautiful in his backyard. Lots of fun. I can't wait to see the pictures (need to visit my sisters flicker). My littlest guy was one of the ring bears... his first wedding ever. He did so good and looked so cute. My cousin kept telling me he looked like a little G-Q. Haahhhahaha.

Soccer is in full swing and this year I'm coaching the youngest group. My Owie is so thrilled I'm coaching. It has been intersting. I've got a great group of kids. A few that just crack me up.

And yesterday was my kids first day of school. Yeah no pictures. I'm really slacking lately. My memory card has been full (found out at dad's wedding). My daughter was so anxious for her first day she was up at 2am again this year. I had to send her back to bed.

Woow!! what a quick update.

1 comment:

  1. You need to come to my house to see the best pictures. I tried to "hold them back" so they'd be a surprise when I printed off the book (or whatever it is I'm going to do for them).

    ReplyDelete