Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Back in RUNNING Mode

I am SO excited.

Friday after work I ran with my sisters...just a few steps to get the heart pumping (less than a mile) then we did our usual 20minute workout.

Sunday morning I joined a few people (one of which I am extrememly fond of) for a long distance run. (LOL funny Megan.....yes, I'm laughing at myself). I was told the goal was 9miles. I was thinking since I jumped on that treadmil a few weeks back I might actually be able to hang in there for 6 or so. Yeah... TRY THREE!!! I was so happy when we hit the 2 1/2 - 2 3/4 marker that my running partner was cutting the run short on account of: NO Running shoes (yes, he forgot the most important gear-I think GOD was helping me out and planned that one). I believe our overall pace was about 8:45/mi...I have to check again though. The good thing was that I was running outside on the dirt/pavement, sucking the cold nasty air into my lungs once again....and I loved it. It instantly put me back in RUNNING MODE.

Monday after work I ran 5 miles at a 9 minute pace. I figured I need to keep the mood fresh and if I have another opportunity (hope I do) to run with others I want to be able to keep up. I'm sure no one will be forgetting their shoes a second time! Then it was off to my sisters for our lower body work out...30minutes worth.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to do mile without feeling like my lungs are about to explode! Bravo to you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to run a mile without my lungs feeling like they are about to explode! Bravo, sister!

    ReplyDelete