Thursday, February 19, 2009

A different kinda Night.

Laundry NIGHT!!! woo hoo! Gotta love it.

Actually tonight was one out of the norm. Usually it's the rush home, pick up the little ones, drop the stuff off at the door to start dinner, homework, baths and the tuck in routine followed by cleanup! Today was different. After work I went to Borders. Yes BORDERS the book store. I wanted to sit and check out a book that I've heard much about, no purchases yet but maybe soon. It was nice to just sit with a toasty drink and plum through the pages. I will be going back, that's for certain.

Then I went to a Bar 'N Grill for dinner. Yeah... I never do that either. I sat there at the bar, ordered a drink, wathced a couple basketball games (at the same time!), and had a yummy yummy meal. It was just Great. AND....I was invited to go back, next Thursday. That was nice.

My favorite part of the night however, was coming home to meet my three babies. That REALLY made my night. I'd only been away from my little guy one night and he couldn't have seemed more overjoyed to see me.......and me of him. Now 5yrs and 7yrs old may be getting big but apparently not too big to show "Mommy" how much she's missed in one afternoon. We did our usual routine of books, prayers and snuggles....until they were all sound asleep.

Then I, of coarse, had to catch Grey's Anatomy. Man, I'm hooked. I thought it was a great episode. Poor Derick. :-( I was considering shuting cable down, but it won't be easy....between Grey's Anatomy and 24, the ONLY two shows I watch.

So now I wait on the lovely drying machine. As much as I dislike walking in the freezing cold to do my laundry...I've had such a great day........I'm okay with it.

3 comments:

  1. I am green with envy. I'd love to wander aimlessly through a bookstore sipping on a Starbuck's Chai Latte. ~sigh~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to spend hours at Borders! Yes, green with envy fits the bill. I don't care about the coffee just get me some chocolate covered gramcrackers they've got, yummy!
    I liked Grey's...poor Derick indeed. Poor husband of the woman too.
    See you tonight.

    ReplyDelete