Thursday, February 5, 2009

....In a different LIGHT.

Do you take the time to tell people how you feel about them? Even if your not sure it's the right thing at that moment?

I've heard it said and I believe it's true that you should tell those special people in your life just how much they mean to you... why make them wonder or guess? It's so simple.

We have a patient (I work in the medical field) who had to deliver her twins @ the University of MI in Ann Arbor and both were born with stage 4 cancer known as Neuroblastoma. The mother (our patient) keeps a blog full of pictures and updates. As of her last post December 15, 2008 both were clear of cancer. Two very lucky very beautiful girls.

I mention them only because reading their story through their mothers' eyes is amazing and it's so unfortunate that it takes a tragedy or near Tragedy for people to see their lives as a blessing. To see their children and loved ones as a blessing everyday. They see how fortunate they are.....WE ARE FORTUNATE TOO. Fortunate that our loved ones are alive and healthy, fortunate to have people in our lives who care so much about us.

I challenge my self to try and see things DAILY in a new light, although I may never see it in the light that some have or do.....Nevertheless I will TRY. Which with things the way the have been lately will not be an easy task. I say that due to the never ending busy schedule (I've asked life to slow down but it doesn't listen), kids that can't seem to shake the flu, relationships that feel distant and confusing with every concious effort being made, college courses that REALLY need to get underway and SO much more. But, I'm taking on my new perspective NOW.

4 comments:

  1. Well, in case I don't say it often enough, I love you. I love spending time with you. I love teasing you and being teased in return. I love being able to be myself when I'm around you. You're special to me and I hope you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know that and I couldn't have put it better... I feel the same way about you. You have been my shoulder and my strength too many times to count. Just talking with you brings me comfort. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, Krista said it perfectly. I love you and love to laugh with you and learn with you. You are a wonderful mother and one I look up to. Both my sisters are my rocks and people I adore and hope to become like them each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww awww. you guys are great. I love you to Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete