Friday, February 13, 2009

YUM-YUM

I love cooking. Hate the mess, but love the result. I LOVE cookbooks. Hate when I can't remember what book, what page that one recipe was on but love the new inventive ideas and colorful photos.

Last night I made some Italian chicken with homemade sauce, some fresh garlic green beans, and pasta. It was SO yummy. And let me say, not just yummy because it's what I was craving and what I made but my kids ages 3, 5 and 7 asked for SECONDS. If that doesn't say it all just by looking at the menu........well, I don't know what other clue could possibly be given.

I was just bummed I didn't put my left overs away fast enough. We have the habbit of PLAY right after eating that sometimes I let our dinner sit too long until it's cleanup time (after the kiddies are all tucked into bed) and by then I refuse to keep food. I am so grosed out by food that's sat too long.

Anyhow I have a few other new ones I am excited to try, one for the crockpot tomorrow. I love those. I have trouble finding recipes that cook long enough in the crockpot for me to leave it while at work. So those are usually weekenders!

No comments:

Post a Comment