Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Long DAY

Today was just torture...there's no doubt about that. I was feeling ill the minute I rolled out of bed but was determined to go forward with my day. Until I got to work and my boss sent me home, wasn't that nice? I guess I was looking a bit rough. After puking my guts out, my dad came over for a visit. It was a really good visit. We sat with the T.V. off and talked for a couple hours. I love that man. When he left and I stood outside my door.....oh..I wanted nothing more than to go for a 8mile run (unlikely since my last run was in Septmeber/October, plus I had absolutely no energy anywhere within my body). All winter long I've wanted a treadmil so bad but with the snow melting today and the temps at what, 60 degrees? I could smell the running season approaching and it made me smile for a minute. Now, I realize this is Michigan and the winter ain't over yet.....but, I CANNOT WAIT for that first run. So dad left and I never felt so tired. I slept 5-6hrs. And woke up feeling worse...only because my body was still drained and I had accomplished nothing on a day I wasn't working. I hate that. But, it struck me with determination to get things really moving. And I will.

On a different note, I went shopping today and finally picked up a new Brita water pitcher thingy... my last one got broke. FYI-I was told that you can save over $100/yr just by eliminating water bottles.

4 comments:

  1. And you're saving the environment at the same time! Go water filters!

    I've been thinking of you all day. Hope everything's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Brita pitchers. I hope you feel better and soon. We'll talk on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Brita pitcher. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete