Tuesday, June 16, 2009

scared mom

My gutt is in paranoid mom mode.

Bad enough I might not see my youngest two for 2wks; now I find out (as those who know my situation know-it changes by the minute) my oldest may have to forfeit his position on the AllStar team that he worked very hard for, and there may be no homecoming in 2 wks.

How do I cope?

2wks is SO long? I have never been away from my kids for more than a week. The one time they went down south to see their dad, I drove them. I stayed down there, so I was close. I can't go down there right now.

There's been threats that my calls won't be excepted. That's thinking like a mature parent. Take the kids away from their home, away from the one person who's always been there and don't let them speak to her. Seriously? My daughter said last night that I have to call her every morning and everynight. And I will. But, I can't make him answer.

It's not just me they'll be missing either. What about all their friends and family that is here. Kids hang out with their friends all summer long. My oldest two have already had several invites.

I'm so going crazy here. And I can't imagine what my kids will be going through.

I could go on forever but it's probably best not to share so much with the internet world.

If there is any words of encouragement or advice..... I'm all ears.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your emails. I have recieved some really good and helpful advice.

    ReplyDelete