Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bad Run

Well, they are bound to happen. Right?

I do believe running is so much more mental than physical. And yesterday both systems were down. Physically I was still sore from my run Saturday after noon. A solid 8 miles. And maybe the 2 plates of nachos I engolfed minutes before played a small part. Mentally.... I was NOT in running mode. My mind was trying so hard to cope with so many other thoughts it bailed on the run. I wasn't even up to meeting everyone. I ran a good first mile with my sister-in-law then my sister joined up for another mile. They started walking at the start of the next lap... usually I hound my sister and tell her: "it's ALL mental, ......you can do it, ......don't stop" The words were lost. And I found myself walking with them the next quarter. In the end I ran 31/2 miles and walked a half mile................I felt broken.

YUCK!

1 comment: