Wednesday, April 15, 2009

NFL Draft

So on the way into work this morning I tuned into some talked radio. And lucky me.. ESPN was the only station to come in. Not that I don't like sports, I'm just so out of the loop it's hard to follow. Which brings me to some questions.

Listening to them discuss the upcoming NFL Draft was interesting but confusing. They were talking about this team getting 8th pick but they may decide to drop down.?. What? First of all what determines who gets 1st pick, 16th pick or 8th pick? Is it the teams rank.....how good they were in the previous season? I don't know. And why would they drop down? It sounded like they may get more guys that way, but I barely caught that part. These people asume their listeners are familiar with the process, which I'd imagine most are. Then they were talking about this team getting, for example Mark Sanchez (don't know em). Well, if they have 8th pick and Mark Sanchez is that good how do they know that team will get him? And it's obviously discussed on public radio so other teams know who this team and that team are looking at? I understand some coaches are looking for speed while others need someone with better passes but still letting every team get who they want puts them all at greater risk for losing doesn't it? or winning I guess...goes both ways.

How confusing. I know it's been explained to me before. I remember watching the draft a few years ago but I probably wasn't completely tuned into the process.

I'd like to be re-enlightened.
Jaime??

2 comments: