Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Friend

My co-worker, my frined, my.....

well

there are no words to describe her.

I love the women and she's moving on to new ventures in two days.

Every morning for the last year and a half I have sat with my coffee in hand sharing my life with her and listening to the many stories of her life.

This morning's story was about her husband on his first Turkey hunting trip. He's there now. So I shared a friends story of his (all to easy) first Turkey hunting trip that I've heard about a few times :-). Then somehow converstation was led to the meals that follow. She told her husband if he gets one, and expects her to eat it, he'd better not let her see it. I found that quite funny. I could easily see what she's talking about and how that'd grose one out......yet I remember, too many times, seeing a deer hanging in our garage-guts spilled open and a poodle of blood on the pavement below. YUCK. I didn't know any different and I ate the meat without question. Maybe it was never...."poor animal" because it was always "good job Dad" (or who's ever catch it may have been). The men and all their cheers, I'm sure, brain-washed us kids into believing it was all good. Matter of fact my step-mom, Aunt, and sister-n-law hunted with them. I think if I'd seen the animals alive and in their environment first my story would be slightly changed.

It's so much fun to work with someone you can just talk to. Easy conversation. That allows you to vent, or remenise or just see into someone else's life. It's been so relaxing.

Two women who've never once had any "drama" between eachother. Seriously. I'm not Lieing.

She will be so GREATLY missed.

I have told her I will now try to keep up with my Facebook as that will be our new connection. This will be a challenge for me as (1) my computer is down and (2) I am terrible at keeping up with Facebook.

But, I will keep in touch.

She has lifted me up and given me all the huggs I've ever needed when times seemed hopeless and lost. I have learned so much about her and her wonderful family, who I've I'd the pleasure of meeting on more than one occasion. She has shown love and kindness to my children......boy do they love her pool and those HUGE cookies she sends them. :-)

She's a best friend but more. Someone I knew I could trust. Someone I could confide in about anything. Someone who's given me much advice and tried guiding me/pushing me to do more. A mentor. A mother.

I love you Mrs. Paula!!!

And now I will stop there, because being the soft hearted mush I am, I can no longer see the screen through my teared up eyes. (I blame that on my dad! Thanks Dad. I inherritated his mushiness)

3 comments:

  1. Give Paula a hug and tell her I said, "good luck!"

    I've always been very grateful to know you've had there there for you. Everyone needs someone like her in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will but you'll see her @ the dance recital!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish her all the luck in the universe!
    and if it keeps you updating your facebook I just might have to give her a hug too!

    ReplyDelete